Some things are threatening your life quietly. If you treat them incorrectly, danger will appear by your side.
With the popular use of portable garden hoses in the world in recent years, the use of stylish, beautiful, convenient and compact garden hoses for garden watering and car washing has become the first choice of more and more consumers.
Common garden hose inner tubes are divided into several materials based on their different grades and different prices. These materials will generally be brittle under low temperature conditions, and will easily decompose to produce hydrogen chloride under high temperature conditions, which is harmful to the human body.
A large number of garden hose manufacturers have swarmed into the ranks of garden hose production due to the large demand in the garden hose market. At the expense of low cost and low price competition, a large number of good and bad products have been produced on the market.
A reporter from the Phoenix subsidiary of ABC bought 10 garden hoses at random. He filled the interior with clean water, sealed the ends, and sent it back to the laboratory after a day. Five of the ten garden hoses have lead content much higher than the drinking water content of the Environmental Protection Agency.
If you drink this kind of water for a long time, a serious excess of lead content will put children at risk of brain damage, developmental disabilities, and many other very serious problems. Lead is a neurotoxin, and not much lead is safe for children.
Do not drink water from garden hoses purchased from irregular channels!
What can you do?
· Always check the label on your garden hose. Sometimes it’s hard to find, but it’s there. Almost all the hoses that were tested had that “do not drink” warning, but it’s small and you have to look for it.
· Flush the hose out before you use it.
· If your hose has brass fittings, they can also leach lead into the water.
· Experts say it’s probably safe to water your vegetables with water from a garden hose, but you and your pets should avoid drinking from it. Also, don’t fill a kiddie pool with it.
· Contact us, Orientflex, as an excellent garden pipe distributor, has been in the business for many years and has never had any quality problems. After inspection, it has passed various international garden management standards and obtained multiple certificates. We will recommend the most suitable garden hose for you.
How to choose the right garden tube
You may already have a hose for watering grass and potted garden plants and flushing sidewalks. Nevertheless, if you are like many people, this hose may have hardened over the years, showing kinks that cannot be straightened. For those looking for a new garden hose in the market, the following guide can help find the best hose for different watering needs and budgets
（1）Material: When choosing hose material, waterproof and flexibility are the two most important aspects.
· Rubber: Among the most durable options for garden hoses, rubber is the best choice, but it tends to be heavier and more expensive than other materials. High-quality hoses usually contain rubber.
· Drinking water safety: Those who want to drink water from hoses quickly in hot weather during landscaping or busy projects may need to consider a drinking water-safe hose that neither immerses pollutants in the water nor does it Affect its taste.
（2）Strength. Some garden hoses have a pressure rating called “burst pressure”, which indicates how much internal water pressure the hose will withstand before bursting. For most homes, the water pressure at the tap is between 45 and 80 pounds per square inch (psi) .
（3）Safety. Generally speaking, hoses are one of the safest tools for yards and gardens, but for those who fill their pet watering bowls or drink from the end of the hose, a safe drinking water hose is the way to go.
More and more manufacturers are manufacturing drinking water-safe hoses that do not contain any chemicals that may seep into the water. These hoses are usually labeled as “BPA-free”, “lead-free” and “phthalate-free” Acid ester”.
（4）length. Many garden hoses are 25 to 75 feet in length, with 50 feet being the most common length.
While aesthetics are definitely a consideration for anything visible in your backyard landscaping, you’ll also want to only buy enough hose for your lawn’s needs; for example, a 100 ft garden hose isn’t always the best option, particularly if your backyard is on the smaller size. Having an extra 20 feet of unused hose is just a hassle and will drive you crazy every time you coil it back up.
If you have any questions about garden management, you can contact us and we will do our best to serve you.